Thursday 21 April 2011

Best Places To Go! :D "It's London, my dear Watson." xD

          Last year, on the 4th of July, I was on the plane for 13 hours (yes, it was so long..it was quite uncomfortable too) on my way to London with my older brother and my younger sister. We were all so excited to go to the UK as it was our first time. I still remembered that I couldn't sleep the night before with all the excitement..haha..anyways, when we reached Stansted Airport in London, I was so excited to get our luggage and meet my sister whom I haven't seen in about a year. We had about a week just the four of us as our parents weren't there yet, they had to work. So we took a tour around London. We went to see Big Ben (actually called Saint Stephen's Tower, more on that later) , Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, the Tower Bridge, a lot of cathedrals and, many historical and old-looking places.. :D I loved it there. We also went to China Town and ate Chinese food. Typical Chinese to eat Chinese food the first thing you do when you go to a new country..haha.. :D Anyways, we went around shopping and visiting historical places and I was so thrilled that I was finally here in London! I have always loved the UK and I had always prayed to go there, and finally I did! :D It was really a dream come true.. :D :D :D
        London was awesome and I recommend that everyone should go there at least once. It is a must-see place. With its historical landmarks and wonderful people, it would be a lost if you can't get to see how it is. There's Harrods, the world's most famous luxury department store, Buckingham Palace, where the Queen of England and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh lives, Madame Tussauds, a major tourist attraction in London displaying waxworks of historical and royal figures, film stars, sports stars and famous murderers, Piccadilly Circus, which is kind of like New Yorks' Time Square in London and Greenwich. :D Not only is London known for its historical places but it is also known for its shopping destinations. With shops like New Look, H&M, Zara and Topshop. When I was there, believe me, they had clothes from size 0 to 32, which is like heaven to me because as I am a big-sized girl and it's hard to find clothes with my size here in Malaysia. So I shopped like non-stop there because the clothes were so pretty and the shoes were so awesome, and it was summer, so I could wear the clothes back home :D Ah! I miss London so much. :( haha..
       When I went on the tour around London (it was a free walking tour by SANDEMANs NEW Europe, one of the largest walking tour companies in Europe), the tour guide would bring us around London, telling us its history and it was great. I learned so many things about the royals and how some buildings came to be and all. It was really an educational and interesting experience. I recommend that everyone who visits London, go for the tour as, number 1, it's free and number 2, they do not leave out any details on the history of London. They would make it sound animated and tell jokes so that it wouldn't be boring and you'll actually listen to its history. :D The tour guide told us that Big Ben isn't actually the clock tower, it's the great bell in the clock tower and people would always mistaken the name to be the whole tower. The tower is called Saint Stephen's tower. He told us that the clock is the largest four-sided chiming clock in the world.
        When my parents came the week after, we all went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. It is when there is a major kind-of-like parade for the changing of the guards..haha.. There were a lot of people there as it was during summer and tourists from all over the world came to see it. It is a major tourist attraction. The guards would come from Hyde Park, a park near Buckingham Palace, and make their way through the streets to Buckingham Palace. There were guards on horses and guards who just marched. There were also guards who played musical instruments. To me, they were the most interesting as they played songs from Michael Jackson to the James Bond theme song. It was really an unforgettable experience. :D Especially because I had the worst case of sunburnt there, so never wear sleeveless when you go to watch the changing of the guards during summer. :D
        We also went to China Town, the Tower of London, the Tower Bridge, Harrods, Piccadilly Circus, Greenwich and its museum, and many other places. I hope and pray that I would be able to go back there one day to visit these wonderful places again. :D









            
                              A museum we passed while on tour
   
                                          British Parliament 
     


                            St. Stephen's Tower aka Big Ben
                                  

   
                                          The London Eye




  
                                              
                                        The Tower Bridge




   
                                           A British Guard



                                     At the Science Museum

                                               Hyde Park

                                       Buckingham Palace


                                               Harrods :D

       
                                              Greenwich




The University Of Greenwich
                                      





        

No comments:

Post a Comment