Sunday 17 April 2011

New Friends, new food :D

After 3 weeks in college, I have met new friends, from classes to church. Some were awesome and some were not so awesome. I guess I'll meet people with different personalities and all so I would have to be careful not to mix with the wrong crowd. Some of my classmates are really nice and I had hoped and prayed to find people like them when I came here to study. :D The people I met from church were a few of the awesome ones. They made me and my friend, Jacqueline, who came with me, feel like we belonged and wouldn't let us feel left out. I liked it there. Some of the first few people we met from church are from Taylor's so we connected right away, them telling us how college life is like here and what to look out for. Most of my classmates are younger than me by a year so we don't really connect as much and most of them already have their cliques. I guess that maybe we're just our 3rd week into classes and we wouldn't know each other well yet but I'm sure that when we have more classes in the future that we would all be comfortable with each other, hopefully. :D
        After coming here, I was brought out by some of my friends from church for 'mamak'. Where I come from, we don't have 'mamak'. How sad, I know. I come here every year with my family but we never go out for 'mamak' but I've tried a few times and I loved the food. So anyways, we went to this famous place (according to my new friends) called Murni, near SS15 I think, and I tried the 'Roti Hawaii' and a unique drink called ' I Miss You'..haha..how weird is that. :D Anyways, when I ate my first bite of the 'Roti Hawaii', I couldn't talk for 5 minutes straight. (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating :P) But it was awesome. There were beef,pineapple and something else that I couldn't remember in it but it was so delicious and wonderful, I promised myself that I would definitely go back there. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera then, if not I would have taken a picture of it. :( The drink was nice too but it was a little too sweet for me. :D This weekend, well yesterday, we went to another place, Old Town, and I tried like this curry egg glass noodles and it was okay. I couldn't even taste the curry but the noodles were nice. :D
       The other night, Friday, the 14th of April, I went for Glam Tour, an event in Taylor's, to support one of my new friends who was one of the finalists in this contest. It was located at 'Temptations', a restaurant in Taylor's and it was organized by the students from Mass Communications who are in their degree now into semester 6. It was a beautiful event. All the guys and girls were very glamourous and dressing their best. There was also food provided. There were parts where the audience could win some prizes and also some bands who performed that night. In the end, everyone had to vote for who we thought was the most glamourous candidate and I was so happy for my friend that she won 3rd. :D It was really great to attend this event in my university and to add it in my college life memories. :D




                                             At Old Town

My New Friends

Faith and I


                         Faith, Jacqueline, Ching Huei and Karmen


Ching Huei and I

                                              
                                                 Food! :D
                               Egg Glass Noodles With Curry


                                                              
                                            Glam Tour 2011





                                   The winner of Glam Tour :D
                                           love his shoes!
        
                             Some of the performances that night




No comments:

Post a Comment